Twenty (20) undergraduate scholarships will be awarded annually to students with at least two (2) years of full time study left to complete their degree as of Fall 2013.
Awardees will receive funding for up to two (2) years of study.
Students awarded scholarships under this program will be provided an internship opportunity at a NASA center performing aeronautical research between their junior and senior year.
The scholarship award includes:
- Up to $15,000 awarded for each school year, to be used for education related expenses
- Summer internship at a NASA Research Center with a stipend in an amount up to $10,000
The following criteria must apply:
- You do not have to be accepted into a program at the time your application is submitted; however, should you be selected, the award is contingent upon your admission to a suitable aeronautical engineering academic program or related field of study at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- You must be studying an eligible field related to aeronautics: List of Supported Fields
- You must have at least two (2) years of full time study left to complete at an accredited U.S. college or university as of Fall 2013. Desired applicants to the program will typically be students in their sophomore (second) year of study at the time of submitting an application. Current undergraduate juniors are not eligible for undergraduate funding unless they expect to complete their undergraduate degree in Spring 2015 or later, or are in a joint baccalaureate-Master's degree program with an expected completion date of Spring 2015 or later.
- Students who have less than two (2) years left of full time study will not be eligible for the program.
- The program is open only to applicants who are citizens or nationals of the United States. The term "nationals" refers to native residents of a possession of the United States such as American Samoa. It does not refer to a citizen of another country who has applied for U.S. citizenship. Persons who hold permanent resident status or foreign students are not eligible. Proof of citizenship will be required upon formal offer.