About the NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program
Recipients of the graduate scholarship will be awarded up to two years with a third year option based on academic standing and programmatic requirements.
Five graduate scholarships will be awarded annually.
Students awarded scholarships will be provided the opportunity for two 10 week internships performing aeronautical research at a NASA center during the first two years they are enrolled in the program.
The scholarship award includes:
- $35,000 annual stipend
- Up to $11,000 awarded for each school year, to be used for tuition and other education related expenses
- Two (2) $10,000 Summer internship at a NASA Research Center
The following criteria must apply:
- Applicants must have received or be on track to receive their bachelor's degrees by Fall 2013. Scholarship awardees selected in Spring 2013 must begin their fellowship tenure by Fall 2013.
- Potential applicants to the program may be in their final year of undergraduate study and already accepted into a master’s or doctoral program, or they may be currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program but will not receive their degree until at least Spring 2015.
- You do not have to be accepted into a program at the time your application is submitted; however, should you be selected, the award is contingent upon your admission to a suitable master’s or doctoral level degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university in aeronautical engineering or a related science or engineering field of study.
- Fields of study must have a focus on aeronautics-related research such as, but not limited to, air traffic management research and integrated vehicle health management. List of Supported Fields
- The program is open only to applicants who are citizens or nationals of the United States. The term "nationals" refers to native residents of a possession of the United States such as American Samoa. It does not refer to a citizen of another country who has applied for U.S. citizenship.
- Persons who hold permanent resident status are not eligible. Proof of citizenship will be required upon formal offer.
Graduate Application Instructions